RestorClean – Mold Inspection & Removal
Ten Things You Should Know About Mold
1) Potential health effects and symptoms associated with mold exposures include allergic reactions, asthma, and other respiratory problems.
2) There is no practical way to completely eliminate mold and mold spores in the indoor environment. The way to control indoor mold growth is to control moisture.
3) If mold is a problem in your home or building, you must clean up the mold and eliminate sources of moisture.
4) To prevent mold growth any source of a water problem or leak must be repaired.
5) Indoor humidity must be reduced (generally below 60%) to reduce the chances of mold growth by: adequately venting bathrooms, dryers, and other moisture-generating sources to the outside; using air conditioners and de-humidifiers; increasing ventilation; and using exhaust fans whenever cooking, dish washing and cleaning.
6) Clean and dry any damp or wet building materials and furnishings within 24-48 hours to prevent mold growth.
7) Clean mold off of hard surfaces with water and detergent and dry completely.
8) Prevent condensation: reduce the potential for condensation on cold surfaces (e.g., windows, piping, exterior walls, roof, or floors) by adding insulation.
9) In areas where there is a perpetual moisture problem on the floor, do not install carpeting.
10) Mold can be found almost anywhere. Mold can grow on wood, paper, carpet, foods; almost anything can support some mold growth provided there is moisture, time to grow and food to eat. Visit our website now! http://www.restorclean.com/
Call to Carlos Beltran General Manager at 877-560-8940 for more information and reliable answers to your mold inspection and removal questions.