Chimney Cleaning Experts
At Giross Hydro Green Clean we clean, inspect and repair chimneys, fireplaces and stoves around the Metropolitan Area of Washington DC, Maryland, and Northern Virginia residents at great rates. Chimneys are structures which provide ventilation for hot flue gases or smoke from a boiler, stove, furnace or fireplace to the outside. When you own a Chimney you need to ensure you don’t have any loose bricks, loose mortar or creosote built-up accumulation. All types of creosote are highly flammable and could start a potential chimney fire; to prevent this issue is require to sweeping and inspecting your chimney once a year according with the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA).
If a chimney is unlined, cracked, flaking-off or has any deterioration can be very unsafe and unacceptable to use it. Spalling or deterioration of brickwork also is a common problem that occurs when moisture penetrates the bricks and mortar. As the moisture gets inside the masonry expands and contracts, it breaks it down causing it to crack and crumble. If this problem goes unresolved, it can compromise the entire structure of your chimney. By clean and sweep your chimney with professionals and certified technicians you prolong the maintenance and utility of your chimney without worries.
For every inspection or cleaning of your chimney, our trained, certified and above all experts technicians will offer you a high quality service. At Giross Hydro Green Clean we use high-quality equipment and the latest technology tools to provide you with an efficient service, guaranteeing your satisfaction 100%.
For your all Chimney needs call Giross Hydro Green Clean at 240-780-7174 today!
Chimney Cleaning Process
As a professional and fully certified company we do a complete Pre-Inspection inside & outside
- First, we lay a tarp on the floor near the fireplace, to avoid any carpet stains.
- Next, we set up high-power HEPA vacuum to collect dust, soot, ash, creosote and debris.
- Then, we open any windows nearby to get plenty of ventilation once the process is completed.
- After that, we open the damper and brush the flue of the chimney from the bottom up until the brush gets to the top.
- We also do Chimney Power Sweeping when is necessary. This power sweeping can be conducted for an additional fee.
- Once completed we start cleaning out your fireplace.
- First, we brush the smoke chamber properly to avoid creosote accumulation.
- Next, we sweep and vacuum the smoke shelf behind the damper.
- Then, we use wire brush to reduce corrosion in metal, soot and dust accumulation on damper and fire box.
- After that, we clean the spark screen, doors and high temperature glass.
- Finally, we inspect all parts of the chimney, fireplace and stove, such as mantel, facing, cap, crown, brick mortar, flashing, flue liner, moisture resistance, smoke chamber, lintel, damper, firebrick, ash pit cover, clean out doors, ash pit, spark screen and hearth protection for safety and preservation.
We recommend to apply Creosote Modifier for those who did not keep the chimney cleaned once a year.
Creosote Modifier is a four component powder that safely and effectively modifies glazed or third-degree creosote so that it can be more easily removed by chimney sweeping. First, a reactive agent neutralizes the slightly acidic creosote making it less corrosive to metal components and less flammable. Second, a dehydrator absorbs the oils and moisture contained in some forms of creosote. Third, a combustion inhibitor helps reduce the chance of chimney fires. Finally, a magnesium catalyst helps break down third degree creosote when the flue is heated by normal use. Our products do not damage or soil your home and are environmentally safe.
Call us today at 240-780-7174 for more information and reliable answers to your chimney, fireplace or stove cleaning questions.